Mother and Child Giraffe Double Colored Copper Finish Statue, 20.5 inches H
Arab prophets and poets considered the giraffe the "queen of beasts" for what they saw as its delicate features and fragile form. Eastern sultans prized them as special pets. Giraffes were also known to the people of the Mediterranean region during antiquity. Ten of these animals were apparently kept by Pompey at his theater in Rome. During the Middle Ages, giraffes apparently were mostly forgotten except in legends from Arab travelers. The Medici giraffe was a giraffe presented to Lorenzo de' Medici in 1486. It caused a great stir on its arrival in Florence, being reputedly the first living giraffe to be seen in Italy since the days of Ancient Rome.Features:
- Sculptures handcrafted to the finest detail and is also lasting durability.
- Easy to polish makes bonded statues long-lasting shine and luster.
- Marvelously detailed and looks antique.
- Made from light-weight resins and finished.
- Fine workmanship with good design.